BANK OF IRELAND 13.375% PERP SUB BDS GBP

Bank of Ireland has announced a share consolidation and corporate restructuring yesterday that it said would help it to comply with new European banking regulations.

Does anybody know how this will effect the above security?

Comments

• Anyone else own these? I thought that semi annual payment was due on November 7th but no sign of it yet in my iWeb ISA account. Anyone received it yet? Is 5 days late really acceptable nowadays and if not what can we do about it?
  • Laughton, You are correct on the dates. YouInvest has credited my interest and dated it the 7th November. Therefore suggest you contact iWeb
    I suspect that iweb has not allocated the interest received to the nominee accounts
  • edited November 2019
    I was credited by Idealing, below is ledger entry
    07/11/19 BANK OF IRELAND(GOVE 13.375% UNSEC PERP SUBORD BDS REGD Div of .066875 GBP
  • Thanks both. Before I go and moan at iWeb, are you sure that the payments were actually credited to your accounts on November 7th. I have history with both AJ Bell YouInvest and iDealing where they credit late but put the "correct" date on the ledger (if that makes sense).
  • edited November 2019
    Laughton, no idea when it was added on the ledger, just looked today, as saw your thread question. Mine is a non ISA if thats any relavence. Cant say I would be too bothered if like yours, it was a week late as long as it appeared. Theres a few others things I would put ahead on the list of what I hope for from a broker
  • "Cant say I would be too bothered if like yours, it was a week late" - ah yes, probably down to my upbringing Hind - "look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves" springs to mind.

You're probably right though, there are other things more important (marginally). Despite any impression I may have given in my earlier post, I do like iDealing. They've never let me down and I've been with them a very long time.
  • Time is money, but the opportunity cost for everyone differs, you have to feel it out for yourself, you can keep looking after the pennies but you might miss out on a gold mine along the way
  • " I have history with both AJ Bell YouInvest and iDealing where they credit late but put the "correct" date on the ledger (if that makes sense)."
    You are correct with this understanding, they usually apply the interest received once they have reconciled it to "what they should have received in total" as per the client accounts. Sometimes it may not reconcile, thus a possible delay.
    I'm unsure what date they actually applied the interest, but is likely to have been the Friday 8th or Monday 11th at the latest. Hope this helps.