EDverything you wanted to know about Corporate Bonds

A really good and free Q & A about corporate debt by someone who knows. Also available as a podcast (I listened whilst taking my daily walk so missed out on the slides).

https://www.piworld.co.uk/2020/06/19/piworld-webinar-everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-corporate-bonds-by-paul-hawkins/

Comments

• posting what I assume to be a bs guru video - does anybody have the time or inclination to watch such?
  • Sorry arjungaur - it was only meant for those who felt there might still be something to learn.
  • Thanks Laughton, We never stop learning, and it's always good to refresh.
  • I would think that most on here are fed up with your pointless video. I'd be amazed if anyone watches any of it. This forum is much worse since you arrived. It was very good before.
  • I have not read any of arjungaur’s posts for months. My memory is that there were numerous attempts at belittling others which certainly did not have the desired effect but resulted merely in the exposure of his own shortcomings. I assume from Laughton’s post that it is still going on.

In general life, egomaniacs have to have the last word even if it means totally exasperating others through the use of insults, mockery and sheer monotony. There must be twenty or thirty threads on the first page of this forum. Have a guess at how many of them currently close with a last word by arjungaur.

There is apparently no stopping him. All you can do is totally ignore. It really is so easy to simply scroll down through his posts with a determination never ever to read any of his “contributions” again. It’s akin to watching a recording of a commercial television programme and fast forwarding the adverts. You skip all the rubbish and get straight into the good stuff. I do that with a couple of Bloomberg offerings (Sky 502).

Similarly I am not prepared sacrifice this forum with its excellent help and comments when I can so easily avoid the dross.

Roger.

• edited June 21
    My memory is that there were numerous attempts at belittling others > Ego Barrier

I have not read any of posts for months > Blindspot Barrier
    certainly did not have the desired effect > Blindspot Barrier

Ego Barrier > And because our need to be right can be more important than our need to find out what's true, we like to believe our own opinions without properly stress-testing them. We especially don't like to look at our mistakes and weaknesses. We are instinctively prone to react to explorations of them as though they're attacks. We get angry, even though it would be more logical for us to be open to feedback from others. This leads to our making inferior decisions, learning less, and falling short of our potentials - https://www.principles.com/principles-for-success

Blindspot Barrier > The second is the blind spot barrier. Everyone has blind spots. The blind spot barrier is when a person believes he or she can see everything. But it's a simple fact that no one alone can see a complete picture of reality. Naturally, people can't appreciate what they can't see, just as we all have different ranges for singing, hearing pitch and seeing colours, we have different ranges for seeing and understanding things - https://www.principles.com/principles-for-success
  • shortcomings, egomaniacs, insults, mockery and sheer monotony, rubbish, dross > Emotional Pressure > Decreases Performance

All you can do is totally ignore. It really is so easy to simply scroll down through his posts with a determination never ever to read any of his “contributions” again > Inertia > Decreases Performance

• edited June 21
    There is apparently no stopping him. All you can do is totally ignore. It really is so easy to simply scroll down through his posts with a determination never ever to read any of his “contributions” again > Okay, so might as well give a hint here, it's at the mark 3:20 -

• edited June 21
    Have a guess at how many of them currently close with a last word by arjungaur > You are confusing last comment with last word

https://fii.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/5181/#Comment_5181 > is there a reason you keep repeating yourself?

is there a reason you always put the name underneath > Roger. > Ever vvondered how off putting that vvould be?

Chimpanzee.
  • "This forum is much worse since you arrived. It was very good before."

How would you know? Or perhaps you had a different user name back then?
  • edited June 21
    Hey Laughton, I think I wasn't clear earlier, When I said

'posting what I assume to be a bs guru video - does anybody have the time or inclination to watch such?'

I was actually quoting dandigirl from here https://www.fixedincomeinvestor.co.uk/x/forum.html#/discussion/comment/5167

Similarly, When I said

'I would think that most on here are fed up with your pointless video. I'd be amazed if anyone watches any of it. This forum is much worse since you arrived. It was very good before.'

I was actually quoting shotgun from here
    https://www.fixedincomeinvestor.co.uk/x/forum.html#/discussion/comment/5174
  • edited June 21
    I genuinely was glad to see you post the video, i myself post videos all the time, Since the video didn't attract any emotional pressure, so I put some myself ; )

I briefly looked at the video, as you can imagine, I also only have 24 hours in a day, I'll be grateful if you posted short summary of your key takeaways for the rest of the audience to read here : )
  • Roger, I agree with your comments
    Be nice if Arjungaur left this forum,
  • edited June 21
    Ah Shaunm applying emotional pressure, no problemo

Be nice if we all won lottery, that doesn't mean it actually happens

And Roger wasn't talking about me leaving, he was inviting everyone to get together and beat up on another one, i'm glad you took up on that offer, it's at the mark 3:20 -